Digital Integration Researcher
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Digital Integration Researcher to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
The digital integrator supports the development and integration of controllers, PLCs, sensors, HMI, and software. A strong knowledge and aptitude towards digital communication protocols, data transfer standards, in combination with strong software skills is key to being successful in this position. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Work as both a principal investigator and in specialized project teams
- Support multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate results with industrial members and write project reports
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
The Ideal Candidate Has the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science; Master’s degree preferred.
- Communication interfaces and data formats such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, JSON, 802.x standards, CAN, Profibus, I2C, and SPI.
- Best programming practices and software design.
- Industrial controllers and sensors, including SCADA, PLC, embedded controllers.
- Version Control Systems, like Git or SVN.
- Integrating advanced algorithms and functionalities in existing industrial grade equipment.
- Integration of sensors and embedded systems.
- Preferred candidate has least 3-5 years industrial experience.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM:
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. security clearance.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now! Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.