Data Analytics Researcher
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) is seeking a Data Analytics Researcher to work on collaborative teams with industry technical leaders, academic experts, and world-class researchers to develop and implement solutions for real-world challenges in advanced manufacturing.
Data Analytics Researcher
This role will focus on data mining and analytics of very large datasets for system, plant, and business intelligence and includes data analytics for the development of process-specific modeling and control algorithms and methods.
- Expertise in the acquisition, processing, and analysis of large structured and unstructured datasets (such as via MapReduce or OLAP data cubes)
- Experience in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
- Experience querying large datasets, both in SQL and no-SQL data environments
- Experience using statistical and other advanced mathematical techniques and algorithms for data retrieval and analysis, including hands-on experience with analytical languages such as R
- Experience working within data structures, including RDBMS and no-SQL databases
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing large dataset results from experiments intended to develop a better fundamental understanding of certain processes or models
In this role you will help discover technology breakthroughs and developments that can influence global manufacturing. Researchers perform in a dynamic, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams, and work with research managers and customers to develop, define, and execute research programs. Researchers are expected to provide training to technicians, interns, and visiting researchers from industrial and academic partners.
Individual Traits Key to Success at CCAM
- Approaches work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; positive, proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to manufacturing processes
- Excels at problem definition; able to work effectively with open ended or ambiguous problems and/or applications
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a clear focus on high quality work performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conveys ideas at both technical and non-technical levels; must be a good listener
- Responsible and accountable; able to manage time, cost, and quality to meet project goals
- Eager to gain new experience and learn new skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. security clearance.
The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now! Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.